A BIT ABOUT US…
Crouch End Festival is a community based project, both run by a small team of volunteers and funded by local businesses and people. The Christmas Fair brings together local craftspeople and musicians and brings cheer to the centre of Crouch End; the summer festival celebrates local creativity and culture across the Crouch End, Hornsey & N8 area. You’ll find film, animation, photography, art, poetry, spoken word, drama, dance, puppet theatre, comedy, music of every type and much more. There are workshops for adults and kids, plus local walks.
UPLOADING YOUR EVENT
Your event can be uploaded by you onto our website at any time – even throughout the 10 days of the festival. You can upload your event details at any time, even while the festival is on. The Print Programme will be available soon.
You will need one image to accompany your event, please ensure it is in JPEG or PNG format.
NO ADVERTISING. The Festival reserves the right to remove any listing considered an advert and not in line with the ethos of this community arts festival. NO refund will be given.
PROMOTING YOUR EVENT
Postcards or flyers are still highly effective methods of raising awareness, as are posters. Place them in coffee shops, bars, venues and shops – but do ask their permission first.
PR – if what you are doing is unique, tell the local and London press. Best to try and find the relevant writer and call them. Cold mailing of press releases usually gets nowhere.
Social Media …
• Be creative – when you compose your tweet upload a image for your event or even create a vine [hyperlink: http://help.vine.co/howto].
• Remember to tag us in by adding @crouchendfest and use the hashtag #CEF2019
• Facebook – go to the Crouch End Festival page and Like our page and join our main site Crouch End Creatives. We also have a number of specialist Crouch End sites for art, photography & film, music, writing and even zombies. Other sites are: Crouch End Appreciation Society, Hornsey Village Life – search Facebook.
• Tag us in by typing @crouchendfestival and when the tag appears click to add us into your post. If you tag us we will be able to share and like your posts.
• Encourage your Facebook friends to share your post!
Go to VENUES on the menu bar
If you are a local venue owner or manager and you’d like to host an event, get in touch on the Contact Us page
If you want to SPONSOR or support the festival in any other way, click here to contact us.
If you want to VOLUNTEER to help out in any way from general help to a specialist skill, click here to contact us.
It brings together community, creativity and commerce – the festival boosts the Crouch End economy by bringing people into the area, helping shops, cafes, restaurants and bars.
It is a not-for-profit organisation that receives no support from government bodies such as The Arts Council and we apply on an annual basis to Haringey Council for a donation.
The group also runs a number of other community based projects:
- Crouch End Festival Christmas Market
- The Intimate Space at St Marys Tower
- Shop Local campaigns
- Eat/Drink Local campaign
- Charity shop promotions
- Haringey Culture Exchange