Please upload your photos to our Instagram #crouchendfestival and to our twitter feed, add @crouchendfest, or #cefest2016
The Crouch End Community Arts Festival is a community based project, run by volunteers and funded by local businesses and people. It celebrates local creativity and culture across the Crouch End, Hornsey & N8 area.
We have over 15 categories of creativity including film, animation, photography, art, poetry, spoken word, drama, dance, puppet theatre, comedy, music of every type and much more. There are workshops for adults and kids, plus local walks.
The festival involves all ages, all abilities and seeks to encourage creative collaboration.
UPLOADING YOUR EVENT
Your event can be uploaded by you onto our website at any time – even throughout the 10 days of the festival.
If you are a performing or event organiser, go to our PERFORMERS REGISTRATION page. We don’t vet events or restrict them, so what you do and where is up to you.
You will need one image to accompany your event, please ensure it is in JPEG or PNG format.
PROMOTING YOUR EVENT
Once you have registered your event on our website you need to promote it – you can’t assume people will just turn up.
Here are some tips.
Postcards or flyers are still highly effective methods of raising awareness, as are posters. Place them in coffee shops, bars, venues and shops – but do ask their permission first.
WOM – spread the word around your friends – word of mouth is one of the most powerful methods of spreading the word.
PR – if what you are doing is unique, tell the local and London press. Best to try and find the relevant writer and call them. Cold mailing of press releases usually gets nowhere.
Social Media – can be an effective way to spread the word. Here are some tips.
• Be creative – when you compose your tweet upload a image for your event or even create a vine [hyperlink: http://help.vine.co/howto].
• Remember to tag us in by adding @crouchendfest and use the hashtag #CEF2016.
• Facebook – go to the Crouch End Festival page and Like our page and join our main site Crouch End Creatives. We also have a number of specialist Crouch End sites for art, photography & film, music, writing and even zombies. There are other sites that reach locals well – Crouch End Appreciation Society, Hornsey Village Life – search Facebook.
• Composing your message – tell everyone about your event – and make it compelling, interesting and don’t forget the basics – where and when! Make sure to add a picture or a video.
• Remember to tag us in by typing @crouchendfestival and when the tag appears click to add us into your post. If you tag us we will be able to share and like your posts.
• Encourage your Facebook friends to share your post!
We have a list of venues who are already happy to hold Crouch End Festival events. Go to VENUES and scroll down to see the full list. If your chosen venue is NOT on the list, let us know, and we will add it. The venue with postcode is a requirement before an event can be added to the site. When you complete the form, start typing the venue name into the box, wait a minute while your computer has a little search (please be patient here!), and your venue name will come up in the box.
If you have a local venue and you’d like to see an event in your space, please get in touch on the Contact Us page, we’d love you to get involved!
If you want to SPONSOR or support the festival in any other way, click here to contact us.
If you want to VOLUNTEER to help out in any way from general help to a specialist skill you have, click here to contact us. It’s a great way to meet other people and feel like you are doing something positive and purposeful.
It brings together community, creativity and commerce – the festival boosts the Crouch End economy by bringing people into the area, helping shops, cafes, restaurants and bars.
It is a not-for-profit organisation that receives no council grants or support from any government body like the Arts Council.
The group also runs a number of other community based projects:
- Crouch End Festival Christmas Market
- Shop Local campaigns
- Eat/Drink Local campaign
- Charity shop promotions
- Haringey Culture Exchange